Before You Get Started: Precautions
Your Personal Salon Nail System is comprised of the most advanced nail products in the world and has been specifically formulated to reduce the possibility of irritation or allergic response. It is important, however, that you heed the following precautions.
Consider your Circumstances
If you have a tendency toward skin allergies or irritation, are under medical supervision, or are taking prescription medication, consult a physician before using Personal Salon.
Test for Reactions
The first time you use your Personal Salon, do a nail "patch test." Perform the entire procedure on one nail and watch for any adverse reactions for 24 hours. If none appear, there is little likelihood of any negative reaction with further use. The development of a rash or redness of the skin is extremely rare; however, if you do develop one or the other, discontinue use and consult a physician.
Avoid Contact with Your Eyes
As is true with most cosmetic nail products, it is important that you avoid any contact with your eyes. In the event any product gets in your eyes, immediately flush your eyes with water and continue to flush for several minutes. If burning or eye irritation occurs and does not dissipate after flushing your eyes, consult a physician.
Wash and Rinse Your Hands
After you finish applying your Personal Salon Nail System, thoroughly wash your hands with soap and rinse well with water.
In the event of ingestion of any of the products, contact a physician immediately. Do not induce vomiting unless instructed to do so by a physician.
Keep Out of the Reach of Children
As with all cosmetic products, always keep your Personal Salon Nail System out of the reach of children.
Avoid Heat and Flame
Keep all of your Personal Salon product components and all materials away from heat and flame. Nail Cleanse contains flammable ingredients. Never smoke while using any of the products.
Use Bonding Lamp Only as Directed
Your bonding lamp has been custom designed for your safety and comfort during bonding. Always carefully follow the step-by-step instructions given later in this Usage Guide. Keep water and moisture away from the bonding lamp and AC Adaptor. Do NOT look directly at the lamp's light when it is turned on.
Protect Your Work Area
Before you begin, cover your table top work area. Some Personal Salon products can damage synthetic fabrics, wood finishes and some plastics. Avoid contact with clothing. Keep all containers closed when not in use.
Check for Mold and Fungus
Personal Salon Overlays have been specifically designed to resist moisture, and bonded HD-Polymers are much less porous than acrylics so they are more resistant to moisture absorption. Fungus may appear as white nail flakes or the lifting of nail layers from the nail plate. Mold appears as brown, yellow or greenish areas under the nail. If any sign of mold or fungus appears, file off the Overlay and discontinue use until you consult a physician.
For Your Information:
Trapped moisture, microorganisms and bacteria are the cause of mold and fungus. Personal Salon Overlays do not use primers or chemicals that can promote mold or fungus.